Resurrection Metropolitan Community Church
Worship Arts Coordinator (Part-time)
Position Description and Purpose
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Supervises: All Worship Arts Staff and Volunteer Team Leads
Leads: Worship Arts Planning Team
Revised: October 27, 2019
Job Summary: The Coordinator of Worship Arts has primary responsibility for the planning, coordination, development, and implementation of all aspects of the Worship Arts Ministries of the church. The Coordinator of Worship Arts serves as the primary point of contact and accountability for all Worship Arts leaders.
- Proactively communicate, support and fulfill the mission, vision, core values, purposes and goals of the church.
- Facilitate regular worship team meetings. Shepherd the growth of a collaborative multi-discipline worship arts ministry (music, media, drama, video, dance, art, etc.).
- Identify, train, equip and delegate responsibility to team leaders both for part-time staff and volunteer staff.
- Coordinate the overall flow of all services utilizing planning software and tools.
- Contribute to the visioning and development of all worship services.
- Provide direct mentoring and interim leadership to the choirs, ensembles, and praise teams if leadership is vacant or as needed to support current leaders.
- Ensure Resurrection’s compliance with copyright rules and regulations and inform and educate all musicians on copyright issues.
- Recommend changes/updates for musical equipment.
- Lead the meetings and process of the music teams.
- Participate in general staff and congregational meetings or events as necessary.
- Continuing education for professional growth as a worship leader.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Senior Pastor.
- Related BA in Music is required; related graduate work desirable.
- Experience in leading worship, conducting, coaching, exercising pastoral care, and managing volunteers is required. Experience in supervisory role desirable.
- Two-years of experience as a church staff member or volunteer leader in an inclusive faith community and LGBTQA cultural competency is required.
- Passion and aptitude for drawing others into a relationship with God.
- Acceptable background checks for criminal and credit history are required.