Metropolitan Community Church of New Orleans New Orleans, Louisiana Posted: Sept. 1, 2019
Denomination: Independent nondenominational
Church size: 30 – 45
Job Type: Part-time
Metropolitan Community Church of New Orleans offers a welcoming spiritual community that truly believes in God’s love for all of God’s children, regardless of sexual orientation, gender, or any other category or description that makes us beautifully unique.
Our church is a 48-year-old congregation that is debt free and operates out of rented space from the First Presbyterian Church. Currently, our strengths are inclusion, preaching and contemporary music. Our greatest weakness has been expanding growth to include the total community. Our Worship service is best described as “Blended”. Our congregation is a board mix of different religions and spiritual backgrounds. The Pastor must strive to incorporate elements from those various backgrounds so that all can feel connected to our services.
The church is seeking a Pastor who will journey with us, encouraging spiritual growth and empowering us to continue to achieve our mission and vision. The Pastor will help us grow spiritually and in reaching new members while maintaining our welcoming inclusive and family atmosphere. The Pastor is to be the spiritual leader of MCC of New Orleans and is responsible for deepening the body’s relationship with Jesus Christ and one another. The Pastor’s role is to encourage and teach-not to try to do/be everything.
- Embrace inclusion of all people and intentional outreach to encourage a more diverse congregation.
- Competence in expanding multi-cultural ministries.
- Ability to maintain and expand relationships with our neighbors and community partners.
- Skilled in church planning, organizing, directing, coordinating and evaluating programs.
- Capability to strengthen current ministries and be visionary by leading implementation of new ministries.
- A candidate that fits our search is able to exegete Scripture and apply it to daily life.
- Ability to develop leaders and exhibit strong relationship skills across various generations.
- Minimum of three years in the ministry.
- Completed and/or currently enrolled in ministerial/pastoral training.
- Embrace contemporary worship culture.
- Visionary with demonstrated strong leadership skills and knowledge of church growth strategies.
- Value diversity in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity and religious perspectives.
- Be willing to have background check completed.
Salary: Part Time Minimum of 15 hours per week. $18,000 annually.
We are accepting applications until 11:59 p.m. on Friday, November 1, 2019.
Applications may be requested by sending an inquiry to our email address: [email protected], or you may mail the inquiry to:
MCC of New Orleans
℅ Pastor Search Team
5401 S. Claiborne Ave., Suite 202
New Orleans, LA 70125
The PST will send you the Pastor Application Packet within 24 hours of receiving the request.
(Updated: 5 September 2019)
(Updated: 5 September 2019)