Metropolitan Community Church
3276 E. Venice Avenue
Venice, FL 34292
Music Director/Worship Leader
The Music Director develops and leads a dynamic, inspiring music program that is consistent with the Church’s mission, values and theology.
- Build an overall music program to include conducting and leading the choir, recruiting soloists and instrumentalists, and fostering relationships with the community.
- Participate with the worship team in the creative planning of Sunday and special services.
- Select all music used in worship services, in coordination with the pastors and worship team. The music should reflect a variety of styles, including hymns, gospel music, classical, and contemporary. Lyrics should demonstrate a strong commitment to inclusive language.
- Lead congregational singing during worship
- Be responsible for staffing the music needs of all worship services and rehearsals, including Sundays, Easter, Christmas Eve/Day, memorial services and other special services as needed.
- Coordinate with the audiovisual team regarding sound levels, music selections and projection of lyrics.
- Care of all musical instruments used for worship and scheduling routine maintenance.
- Preparation of music budget and library in accordance with copyright issues.
- Complete the necessary administrative tasks in a timely manner to provide music selections to the office administrator and audio visual team.
- Leadership skills with the ability to coordinate and motivate musicians and volunteers.
- Proficiency and experience in keyboard
- Proficiency in conducting choirs, musical groups and soloists.
- Ability and knowledge in a wide range of musical styles including contemporary and traditional.
- Use of technology to enhance the musical program.
- Spiritual maturity and authenticity.
Job: Part-time, 15 to 20 hours weekly to include worship services, rehearsals, personal
preparation, and planning meetings.
Salary: $15,000/year with growth potential
Metropolitan Community Church is a progressive Christian denomination that was founded in 1968 with a special outreach to the GLBT community and their allies. Our congregation includes members from diverse denominational backgrounds, and worship services are blended to include a variety of church traditions. All applicants must open and affirming with the GLBT community and be committed to the use of inclusive language for individuals and the Divine.
Please submit cover letter and resume to: [email protected]
Other supporting documents are welcome.
The selection committee may also schedule an audition.