Nomination Form for Prospective Candidate for the Office of Moderator
Thank you for participating in the search for the next Moderator of Metropolitan Community Churches (MCC) who will be elected at General Conference XXVII in Orlando, Florida, USA during the week of July 1-5, 2019! Please know you and your voice are an integral part of this process.
To nominate a qualified individual as a prospective candidate for Moderator, you must complete this nominationformandsubmit it in one (1) of three (3) ways:
- If you strongly feel that someone would make an excellent Moderator and would like to nominate them, we encourage you to contact that person directly and ask them to prayerfully consider applying. Both the person nominating and the applicant will need to fill out the relevant sections on this nomination form and submit it, along with the required application documents, to the MNC on or before 30 January 2019.
- If you strongly feel that you are called to the position of Moderator, we encourage you to apply yourself on or before 30 January 2019. Keep in mind, as well as sending the MNC the required application documents, you will need someone to nominate you, and both the person nominating and the applicant will need to fill out the relevant sections on this nomination form.
- If you wish to nominate and feel uncomfortable contacting the potential candidate, you many submit this nomination form with the name of the potential candidate, along with contact information and a brief explanation of why you feel they would make an excellent Moderator to us at [email protected] on or before 11 January 2019. The MNC will then contact that person and inform them that they have been nominated.
Nomination forms must be completed and submitted by the deadline(s) indicated. Keep in mind ALL requested information is required and must be completed.
If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected].
I. Information about the person BEING nominated:
Name of the person being nominated:
Current position/title of the person being nominated:
II. Contact Information for the person BEING nominated:
Mailing Address: City/Town:
III. Information about the person MAKING the nomination:
Name of the person making the nomination:
Current church affiliation:
IV. Contact Information for the person MAKING the nomination:
V. Please select “Yes” or “No” to the following: Do you confirm that:
- You understand the qualification and criteria for the selection of prospective candidates for the Office of Moderator issued by the MNC? YES NO
- Does the person being nominated, in your opinion, meets these qualifications and criteria? YES NO
- You have contacted the prospective candidate to inform them of your desire to nominate them? YES NO
- If you answered “No” to question 3, do you request the MNC inform the person being nominated that they have been nominated? YES NO
- If you answered “Yes” to question 3, is the person being nominated willing to be considered for the role of Moderator? YES NO
VI. Nominator’s Written Statement on Prospective Candidate:
Please provide the Moderator Nominating Committee (MNC), in 400 words or less, why you believe the person being nominated meets the MNC’s qualifications and criteria for the selection of prospective candidates for the Office of Moderator.
As part of your response, please include how long and in what capacity you have known the person being nominated, your sense of their vision and leadership gifts the nominee will bring to the role of Moderator and any other pertinent information you believe will be helpful to the MNC.