The two aims are to have a staffing structure which is financially sustainable and is able to respond to the needs of our local churches and church leaders, both present and future. It is also important to be clear and realistic about what staff can do, and what support will be better provided through the networks or by local churches working with each other.
There are two basic principles built into every staff position, which set the tone for how we will work together:
- Encourage a culture of sufficiency and generosity
- Ensure that diversity and inclusion are embedded and measured in our work
Diversity and inclusion are at the heart of MCC, and everyone has a part to play in making sure that we actively work on this. By assessing diversity in our different work areas, we can focus on the actions needed to address barriers to inclusion and intentionally take steps to embed diversity into all that we do. We will continue to measure our progress. There is also a staff position which will work directly with the diversity and inclusion affinity working groups to ensure effective communication, consultation and implementation between these groups, MCC leadership, staff and the wider MCC body.
In the new structure, there is an emphasis on building relationships and partnerships between churches, between leaders, and between the denomination and local MCC communities. We are stronger and more creative when we work together.
The new staffing structure focuses on two key areas – Community Development and Resource Development. Some positions are held by current staff, who started in their new positions on 1st November. Other positions will be advertised shortly. All positions are full-time, unless otherwise stated. As our finances stabilise, part-time positions will be reviewed for potential increase in hours where needed. There will be a transition period, where some current staff are continuing to work with local churches or leaders, until a new position has been filled. We ask for your patience and understanding at this time.
Outlined below are the new staff positions and those responsible:
Community Development Team Lead – Rev. Elder Hector Gutierrez
Community Development is made up of two teams, Community Building and Leadership Development. Rev. Elder Gutierrez is responsible for managing both teams
Community Development – Community Building Team
- Networks Co-ordinator, Ibero-America co-ordination – Rev. Elder Hector Gutierrez
- Emerging Church and MCC Communities Co-ordinator – Rev. Wanda Floyd
- Conference/Events Co-ordinator (15 hours) – Rev. Lauren Bennett
- Church Support and Development Co-ordinator – responsible for working with affiliated churches, support with pastoral transitions, church growth. Position to be advertised
- Rev. Cristiano Valerio will continue to work with our ICM communities in Ibero-America
Community Development – Leadership Development Team
- Vocational Leadership Co-ordinator – responsible for working with lay pastors, the ordination process, and with clergy. Position to be advertised
- Laity Development, Diversity and Inclusion, and Online Learning Co-ordinator (28 hours a week) – responsible for working with LEAD programme, developing other learning opportunities for laity, working with diversity and inclusion affinity working groups, co-ordinating MCC’s online learning resources. Position to be advertised.
- Rev. John Fowler for clergy related matters in Australia and New Zealand
- Rev. Maxwell Reay for clergy related matters for MCC in Europe
- Rev. Sandro Aurelio on clergy related matters for those speaking Portuguese and in the Southern Cone of South America
- Rev. Victor Bracuto on clergy related matters for those speaking Spanish
Resource Development Team Lead – Rev. Dr. Kharma Amos
- Fundraising Development and Assessments Co-ordinator – Rev. Dr. Kharma Amos
- Accounting and Finance Co-ordinator – Ms Tammy Erwin
- Assessments Administrator (part-time) – Ms Marina Laws
- IT, Website and Database Co-ordinator – Mr Mike Haase
- Administrative Assistant – Ms Janine McCarthy
- Internal Communications Co-ordinator (20 hours per week) – responsible for communication within MCC – newsletters, communications from Governing Board, Council of Elders etc. Position to be advertised
- Social Media and External Communications Co-ordinator (18 hours per week) – responsible for outward focussed communication, social media presence, developing contacts with other media channels. Position to be advertised
- Moderator – Rev. Elder Cecilia Eggleston
- Confidential Executive Assistant to the Moderator – Ms Marina Laws(part-time)