JOIN THE POOR PEOPLE’S CAMPAIGN
A National Call for Moral Revival
Today, a new Poor People’s Campaign is needed to save America’s soul.
Drawing on the unfinished work of Dr. King and others when they launched the original Poor People’s Campaign, Rev. Dr. William Barber, Repairers of the Breach, the Kairos Center for Religions, Rights, and Social Justice, and hundreds of local and national partners are leading The Poor People’s Campaign: A National Call for Moral Revival, a new campaign to reignite the effort to unite the poor, disenfranchised, and marginalized to transform our nation’s political, economic and moral structures of our society.
- Signing up to receive text message updates about the Campaign
- Using social media to publicize the Campaign
- Mobilizing your community (organization, faith community, school, union, etc.)
- Taking action with the Campaign at your state capitol in Spring 2018
- Engaging in nonviolent civil disobedience
- Read US Poverty Fact Sheet to understand the economic crisis plaguing the poor
- Read Dr. King’s Vision: The Poor People’s Campaign of 1967-68 to learn about the original campaign
- Read the Fundamental Principles of The Poor People’s Campaign: A National Call for Moral Revival
- Read The Souls of Poor Folk: Auditing America 50 Years After the Poor People’s Campaign
- Read the Kairos Center’s Concept Paper about the Poor People’s Campaign
- Read The Task Force’s Fact Sheet on LGBTQ Poverty and Economic Injustice