with Metropolitan Community Church
God of peace, we cry out to you.
We hold the people of Ukraine in our hearts and pray that this war violence will quickly end.
May tanks be beaten into tractors so that people may be fed.
IN THIS ISSUE
- Featured Events
- We Want to Hear Your Voice
- New & Ongoing Events
Resurrection MCC (Houston, TX, USA)
Gospel Ensemble Concert
Bring your love, bring your joy, bring your spirit as we worship God as a community! Let’s have church and celebrate African American History.
MCC’s People of African Descent: The Next Generation
All are welcome to attend this wonderful “Coming Out” time for People of African Descent: The Next Generation. A time of remembrance of what was, what is now and what is to come. Please join us and have communion elements of some kind on hand. We look forward to seeing you there!
Living Well with Difference – a “taster” webinar
[email protected] by Friday 4th March.
Lectionary Discussion Group for Preachers
Lenten Focus – Full to the Brim Series
CALLING ALL MCC VOCALISTS – MCC SONG PROJECT
This is an original song written for MCC that will be sung for the first time as a video collage of vocalists from MCC around the world. Download details hereto learn the three steps to participate! DEADLINE – March 22nd!
Writing Your Spiritual Autobiography
- Engage in writing practices in community to spark your imagination, help you access your own story, and find ways to give that story expression.
- Explore your writing in a sacred space shaped by contemplative practices, gentleness, playfulness, and humor.
- Build community with other writers engaging in this work.
- Give and receive supportive encouraging feedback with other writers.
- Engage with readings to feed your writer’s spirit and inspire you in your work.
- Receive weekly encouragements and writing prompts to help you keep up momentum in your writing between class meetings.
- Celebrate your writing, with an optional opportunity to share some of it in our final class “open mic” celebration.
Kerr Mesner is a spiritual director, consultant, and facilitator, as well as a queer/transgender contemplative Christian, performing artist, and activist. He is trained with the Pacific Jubilee Program in Spiritual Direction, and is an ordained minister with Metropolitan Community Churches. In his spare time, he enjoys writing songs and playing in his garden.
RISE: Women of Color Leadership Institute for Pastoral Excellence – March 11-12, 2022
We Want to Hear Your Voice
LAST DAYS TO PARTICIPATE!
Three Pathways Open in February
Commission on Pathways of Healing and Reconciliation
- Complete a short survey, which will provide a snapshot of what MCC is doing locally and as a denomination to address racism. 2022 Survey
- Submit your written or video testimony of your personal experience of racism or other issues within MCC. 2022 Submit Testimony
- Make an appointment to speak with a listener and share your story. This will be recorded, with your consent, and also submitted to the Commission for its work. We have listeners in different countries from Brazil to South Africa, from a variety of backgrounds and who speak different languages. You will be able to choose who you talk with. 2022 Schedule a Listening Session
2022 Assessment Forms
Lay Delegates and Clergy, Will you be Eligible to Vote at General Conference?
New & Ongoing Events
INTERNATIONAL WOMEN’S DAY – March 8th
March is Women’s History Month in many countries.
ASH WEDNESDAY – 2 March 2022 – LENT BEGINS
Tea Time with the Elders!
Sanctuary Online every Tuesday
Sanctuary’s Zoom Room: www.SanctuaryOnline.live
Prayer Time with the Moderator
Join the Moderator for a time of reflection and prayer on Facebook Live.
MCC Clergy Connection Call
How to do Digital Ministry
MCC Resource Bank
Chapter, Verse, and Season: A Lectionary Podcast from Yale Bible Study
Thriving in Ministry
USA Clergy, learn more about this program and its support for new and seasoned clergy. There are programs for mentoring, respite care, and more. Contact [email protected] for more information.
Check out all the great classes and resources still available at Sacred Space Online Learning (SSOL) including MCC specific classes. Yes, we no longer have the OFLD (Office of Formation and Leadership Development) but SSOL classes are still available.
OUR MAILING ADDRESS
Please share with your Treasurer and Clerk of the Board
2775 NW 49th Ave. Ste: 205-327
Ocala, FL 34482