with Metropolitan Community Church
To All of MCC,
As we rejoice in the risen Christ, may we see signs of hope in our own lives, our communities and our world. May we remember that the miracle of resurrection began in the darkness of the tomb. With God, all things are possible.
May you be blessed this Easter.
Rev. Elder Cecilia Eggleston,
IN THIS ISSUE
- In Case You Missed It
- Events & Opportunities
- Ongoing Events
- We Want to Hear Your Voice
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
The Early Bird Registration Rate for General Conference has been extended until May 1st. Learn about our exciting plenary speakers and register at: https://generalconference.mccchurch.org/register-2022/
Here’s the replay of the People of African Descent: The Next Generation, Ritual Ceremony.
MCC Supports Ukraine
It’s not too late to support LGBTQ+ refugees from Ukraine. Take some inspiration from what one church did:
“On April 3, 2022, Saint John the Apostle MCC held a Ukraine Sunday. During this difficult time, we lifted Ukrainians up in prayer, wore yellow and blue in solidarity, and received a special offering for the MCC Disaster Relief Fund. Enclosed you will find… $1,299 in support of Ukraine. In addition to the special offering, Saint John the Apostle MCC made a separate contribution of $2,250.00 to World Central Kitchen. We felt an immediate need to assist in feeding fleeing refugees.”
USA Clergy – Ministry Support Circles
Ministry Support Circles – what are they and why would I want to participate?
Are you passionate about a particular topic – book discussions, Spiritual Direction, etc. – you tell us. Want to collaborate on a project and want to bring like-minded people together? Then check out Ministry Support Circles which are funded for US Clergy by the Thriving in Ministry Program through the Lilly Endowment. Request an application and more information from [email protected].
EVENTS and Opportunities
MCC is in process of developing a partnership with Lutheran Volunteer Corps. You can learn more about them at LutheranVolunteerCorps.org.or check out this introductory Recruitment Flyer. The 2nd round of applications deadline is April 15th although applications are accepted until June 30th.
People of African Descent – The Next Generation
If you identify as a person of African Descent (PAD), please join other PAD for a time of fellowship, connection and relationship building. The gathering calls will be on Tuesday, April 26 at 7pm EDT and on Saturday, April 30 at 12pm EST. The link for the calls is: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/83199409411 If you would like to receive a reminder of the calls, please email Rev. Wanda Floyd at [email protected].
se reunirá la Comunidad Espiritual “Sin Fronteras”. Este es un grupo de personas como tú que se reúnen virtualmente para construir conexiones y relaciones en un espacio sagrado, para hablar y compartir en nuestro propio idioma. Si está interesado, envíe un correo electrónico a: [email protected] para obtener el enlace ZOOM.
Responding to the Call: Anti-Racist Organizing and Leadership for White Religious/Spiritual Leaders
- Support anti-racist leadership and ministry, developing anti-racist resilience and courage;
- Recognize how internalized white supremacy and patriarchy currently impact our leadership style and evolve an identity grounded in racial justice/feminist understanding and practice;
- Learn specific practices for centering and remaining present to the chaotic and unfamiliar ways in which white supremacy and patriarchy manifests in ourselves and others; and
- Re-Commit to specific opportunities for racial justice work inside and outside your faith community.
APPLY NOW for the next THRIVING IN MINISTRY COHORT
Learn the ins and the outs of being a mentor and a mentee and the unique growth opportunities for you as an individual. Request an application or more information from[email protected]
AIDS, Activism, and American Christianity: A Conversation
HIV/AIDS Kinship Group
Meeting ID: 963 668 1482
Two-Part Spiritual Formation Series
Facilitated by Rev. Elder Goudy, the classes are free and open to the public, no registration is needed. The Zoom ID is 876 0624 8826
Beyond Pink and Blue: Trans+ Family Spiritual Care
Workshop Series on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Transforming Church Conflict
Crafting Spiritual Communities Beyond COVID
Lectionary Discussion Group for Preachers
Lenten Focus – Full to the Brim Series
Tea Time with the Elders!
THIRD TUESDAY MONTHLY
5pm EST / 10pm GMT
Join us via Zoom
Meeting ID: 248 584 328
Prayer Time with the Moderator
at 5:15pm EST / 10:15pm GMT
Join the Moderator for a time of reflection and prayer on Facebook Live.
MCC Clergy Connection Call
2nd Thursday Monthly
1pm EST / 6pm GMT
On Zoom – http://www.mccgsl.org/zoom
This is a peer-initiated, peer-led, focused monthly support group.
Worship Design Studio
- Full scripts for worship services in their entirety: everything from the Introit to the Benediction!
- Visual and Media Arts document with tons of ideas for creative lighting, crafts, images for projection and publicity, and more!
- Small group resources to boost your congregation’s engagement with one another beyond the walls of your church
- Original music written specifically for the series, plus lots of suggestions for music in popular songbooks and sources that fit well with the series themes
- Children’s time scripts and suggestions for engaging your young ones in worship
- Sermon fodder to inspire your writing of the message. We don’t give you the entire sermon; that part is up to you! But, we do provide ideas to spark your creativity!
MCC Resource Bank
Chapter, Verse, and Season: A Lectionary Podcast from Yale Bible Study
Check out all the great classes and resources still available at Sacred Space Online Learning (SSOL) including MCC specific classes. Yes, we no longer have the OFLD (Office of Formation and Leadership Development) but SSOL classes are still available.
OUR MAILING ADDRESS
Please share with your Treasurer and Clerk of the Board
2775 NW 49th Ave. Ste: 205-327
Ocala, FL 34482