Did you miss the Moderator’s Statement on the death of George Floyd (USA)? Click HERE to read it.
MONDAY, June 1
Monday, 1 June 2020 – 7pm UTC / 3pm EDT (UTC-4)
We have our next concert date on our new platform!
Pentecost Monday on June 1st at 12pmPT/ 3pm EDT/7pm UTC!
JOIN THE CONCERT HERE: facebook.com/rainbowpraise1
Come and be blessed!
Monday, June 1st – 9pm UTC / 5pm EDT (UTC-04)
We are having connection opportunities to talk to others who have a unique perspective as professional chaplains. Whether you are serving in a hospital setting, in hospice, a prison, a school or anywhere around the world where chaplains are needed, this message is for you. We want you to know that we are grateful for you, and we are proud of you and the uniquely-MCC pastoral care you are bringing to those in need of God’s unconditional love. https://zoom.us/j/97515395940 Meeting ID: 975 1539 5940
Dial by your location
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
TUESDAY, June 2
We will meet next Tuesday with special guest Rev. Elder Cecilia Eggleston joining the Community Development Team.
5pm Pacific / 6pm Mountain / 7pm Central / 8pm Eastern
Sanctuary’s Zoom Room: www.SanctuaryOnline.live
A recent survey from Kaiser Health estimated that 25% of us are experiencing some form of mental health issue during this time!
Dr Nick Patras is a great friend of Sanctuary in the Woods, and is also the Director of Student Counseling Services at Texas A&M University-Commerce, near Dallas, Texas. Nick holds a Ph.D. in Counselor Education & Supervision and he provides direct clinical services to University Students, as well as leadership for a department of 8 licensed clinicians. His research interests include grief and loss, LGBTQ concerns, veterans & returning warriors counseling, and couples counseling.
Sanctuary’s Zoom Room : www.SanctuaryOnline.live
WEDNESDAY, June 3
No scheduled events today. Take the time to read one of the articles below.
THURSDAY, June 4
Join Moderator, Rev. Elder Cecilia Eggleston for prayer every Thursday at 9pm GMT, 5pm EDT
Bring your joys, concerns, laments, and celebrations to Rev. Cecilia and one another. Meet us on Cecilia’s Facebook every Thursday at 9PM GMT (5PM EDT/ BST 10PM) @Cecilia.Eggleston.50
FRIDAY, June 5
FRIDAY NOON YOUR TIME – PRAY for Pastors, Pastoral Leaders, Boards, Lay Leaders and all MCC Chaplains.
SATURDAY, June 6
Saturday, June 6th, 5pm Eastern / UTC-04
MCC Council of Elders Facebook Page
Please join the Council of Elders for the fourth Facebook live broadcast of “Spiritual Nourishment”. Elder Nancy Maxwell will explore the spiritual practice of prayer, as well as take prayer requests to the Council. There are numerous ways to pray. Prayer can be a method of communication expressing adoration, thanksgiving, confession or supplication. Prayer also can be a method of “communing” with the Holy through different types of contemplative prayer. Join us as we examine diverse forms of prayer—and to pray.
USA Churches – Payroll Protection Plan
Hybrid Church Attendance
As churches start having some gatherings in-person and continue with virtual gatherings, we will find ourselves looking at hybrid church attendance figures. It will be important to count both the people who are in-person and those who continue to attend virtually.
Consider setting up your database attendance with another service to track. Just as if you had a second (or third) Sunday morning service (or Sunday night or Saturday night for that matter), add your virtual worship services as another time and track the attendance for that service.
For your MCC monthly reports, list the multiple services, including the virtual service(s), and the attendance for each. The totals and averages will now be our hybrid attendance!
Still not sure how to count the virtual attendees? Please download and review this advisory document, “Counting Worship Attendance in a Virtual World.”
(Updated: 12 May 2020)
MCC San Diego Celebrates 50 years!
Congratulations and Happy Anniversary!
Metropolitan Community Church is thrilled to share this opportunity with you of some much-needed LGBTQ+ entertainment with a FREE 1 month Revry Premium subscription with the most unapolegtically queer movies, shows, news, originals and the largest libraries of queer music and podcasts.
MCC is proud to partner with Revry who is supporting us by splitting all subscription fees (after your free month) throughout the rest of the year. Revry will also give MCC some free promotion in the coming months. Click here https://revry.tv/ and be sure to use MCC’s Code C111.
Your Input Sought
WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU! DO YOU HAVE RESOURCES TO SHARE OR RECOMMEND?
Send information and links to [email protected]
GOT AN ANNIVERSARY OR GOOD NEWS TO SHARE?
Send the information to [email protected]
WE ARE LOOKING FOR SAMPLE PRIDE SERVICES INCLUDING ORIGINAL MATERIALS BY MCCers.
Send your links or copies along with permission to share to [email protected]
Links to Articles, Webinars and Resources
These links connect you to resources or webinars by ministry related companies as well as to individuals and churches. The listing here does not imply an endorsement nor does it imply that they are all LGBTQ+ friendly. Nonetheless, these are resources some MCC’s have found helpful.
- MCC Return to Facilities Advisory
- Where is Future Church Attendance Headed? https://careynieuwhof.com/where-is-future-church-attendance-heading-10-questions-10-hunches/
- Liberation Theology in the Americas
Like many academic institutions around the world, Faculdade Unida de Vitória, Brazil has moved to working remotely. We are hosting a series of short courses online (and free). In June, in English, we will have ‘Liberation Theology in the Americas’. It will be 4 one hour classes with different theologians from across the Americas. We will have the opportunity to read their work and discuss directly with them in class. To participate it is only necessary to sign-up at the following link: https://fuv.edu.br/cursos-de-extensao-inscricao?code=oaw-kkhj-zoz
- Austin Gay Men’s Chorus with Director Daniel Arredondo from UpRising MCC – This is a good possibility for Pride Month! https://www.facebook.com/danielarredondo/videos/10158391424594936/
- CONVERGENCE offers many relevant courses: Professional development and online learning at the crossroads of leadership and faith. Check out the free course “What Will Happen to Our Churches?” A conversation with National Faith Leaders https://www.faithlead.org/
- Eden Theological Seminary E-Forum https://www.eden.edu/theological-e-forum-eden-online-forum/
- A Conversation: What Do Science and Data Say About the Near Term Future of Singing Click Here The National Association of Teachers of Singing, the American Choral Directors Association (ACDA), Chorus America, Barbershop Harmony Society, and Performing Arts Medical Association (PAMA) present an important webinar about the near term future of singing as we seek fact based solutions in protecting our singers, teachers, and conductors during this time.
- 8 Ways to Lead in the New Digital Default Church – https://careynieuwhof.com/8-ways-to-lead-in-the-new-digital-default-church/
- The Original 2020 is History: 7 New Disruptive Church Trends Every Leader Should Watch https://careynieuwhof.com/the-original-2020-is-history-7-new-disruptive-church-trends-every-church-leader-should-watch/
- 11 Self-Care Steps for Leaders Who Are Barely Holding On from Christianity Today
- Essential and Virtual: Updated Guidance for Gathering The Unitarian Universalist Association www.uua.org
- How to Talk About COVID-19: Narratives to Support Good Decision-Making and Collective Action from TheWorkshop.org.nz
- COVID-19 Response Toolkit – connected to Church Mutual Insurance
REPLAYS OF WEBINARS
- THEOLOGICALLY THINKING (Session 1 in English) This was a conversation about the theological issues connected with returning to in-person gatherings and virtual gatherings in light of MCC’s Core Values.
- CARING FOR ONE ANOTHER Here’s the link to this insightful webinar about our caring for one another during a time of such compound grief and loss. https://youtu.be/TuSgRH4i0uA
- RETURN TO CHURCH? In case you missed our webinar with 3 doctors discussing the concerns about gathering for in-person worship, here is the replay: https://youtu.be/1Jr0FmKBv2M
- COVID-19 and Singing, An Interview with Dr. Tim Seelig https://youtu.be/pHhgOEIsJlo
- FINANCIAL SUPPORT WEBINAR Did you miss this awesome webinar with guest Tom Melzoni from Horizon Stewardship? Here’s the link to the replay. Share it with your Treasurer and the rest of the Board.
Watch on YouTube: https://youtu.be/gX3QolcY_xo
Watch on Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/404785099
- THE CHURCH’S RESPONSE TO CRISIS, Parts 1, 2, 3, & 4
- VIRTUAL CHURCH – TOOLS AND TIPS WEBINAR
Watch on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-25Be5QcCA&t=160s
HAVE YOU UPDATED OUR ADDRESS YET?
Please share with your Treasurer and Clerk of the Board
2775 NW 49th Ave. Ste: 205-327
Ocala, FL 34482