*Scroll down to see recent updates or news.
The Governing Board of Metropolitan Community Churches is excited to announce the creation of The General Conference Commission!
MCC General Conferences typically occur every three years and they are a time for our global family to gather, worship, create, learn, and plan. Every General Conference has been special and some have been extra memorable.
Thanks to MCC leadership we have all been gifted some time to look at how we ‘do’ General Conference. We have been blessed with a team of volunteers who will work with MCC communities and individuals around the world to ponder:
The Commission should answer the following questions:
- What are the main goals General Conference should accomplish?
- Does General Conference give people a sense of unity and direction?
- How should the business of MCC be conducted?
- How can we best meet the physical and financial needs of conference attendees given shifting demographics?
- How do networks, affinity group meetings etc., fit into the conference structure?
- Are there innovative ways we can seek to build new partnerships when planning conferences, network gatherings, affinity group meetings, skills-based learning etc.
- With technology changing rapidly making meaningful connections more accessible and equitable, can we imagine new ways of conducting conferences or meetings around the world?
2020 is the perfect time to be having these conversations as, due to COVID-19, we are all evaluating how we gather and learning new ways of ‘being the church’ so we look forward to gathering your thoughts in the coming year and a half.
This Commission is charged with examining how our General Conference is structured and will make recommendations for any conferences after the 2022 General Conference.
Rev. Brendan Boone, Daytona Beach, Florida, USA
Dr. Al Chapman, Northern Lights MCC, Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Rev. Elder Cecilia Eggleston, MCC Moderator, Portishead, United Kingdom
Rev. Elder Héctor Gutiérrez, UFMCC Staff, Guadalajara, Mexico
Mr. Chad Hobbs, UFMCC Governing Board Treasurer/MCC Tampa, USA
Ms. Jude Litzenberger, UFMCC Network Facilitator/The Met, San Diego, California, USA
Rev. Paul Whiting, UFMCC Governing Board/Pastor MCC Charlotte, North Carolina, USA
Rev. Emily Worman, Pastor Church in Progress MCC, Auckland, New Zealand
Rev. Lauren Bennett, UFMCC Staff/Associate Pastor MCC Greater St. Louis, Missouri, USA (Co-Chair)
Mr. Mike Haase, UFMCC Staff/Minister of Music All God’s Children MCC Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA (Co-Chair)
For Questions or to contact the commission, please email [email protected]
Recent Updates and News
19 October 2020 Dream Sessions
(Updated: 16 October 2020)